How would you prefer JoeyBob to die?

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Sunderland Dream Team 1998-2008

How do they compare with the current Sunderland 11?



As a big fan of Craig Gordon, I'd have to say I prefer him over Tommy, even considering THAT penalty save!



Phil Bardsley looks quality and he reminds me a lot of the 'tractor', but John Kay wins this hands down for now. Bardo WILL become a legend though in my opinion. 1 all.



Am I the only one who didn't like Mickey Gray? I'd much prefer Collins to be honest, but if I'm going to be fair, Gray DID get an England cap so unfortunately, I'll have to give it to him. 2-1 to the legends!



Jody Craddock was a surprise inclusion in the Dream Team, but deserving nonetheless. He was solid and uncompromising and a model pro, but up against Johnny Evans, I'm afraid there is no comparison. Johnny takes this slot for me and that makes it Legends XI 2-2 Current XI.



Bennett versus Nosworthy is a tough one because Nos has become such a cult hero and there are obvious similarities, however Bennett simply HAS to win this category. His commitment to Sunderland was incredible; one of our greatest ever servants.



Nicky Summerbee is one of my favourite all time players and I had to have him above Carlos Edwards, despite Carlos being my current favourite player! Such a tough call, but the legends go 4-2 up!



Allan Johnston was never proven at the top level. A great player to watch, quality skills, simply Magic, but unfortunately for him, I'm plumping for Rico. Richardson has a great future ahead of him, is already an England international and will become integral to our team. 4-3.



Kevin Ball versus Dean Whitehead in the holding role is a non-contest. Bally wins hands down, and takes the captaincy from him too!



Schwarz was a very, very good, solid player, although I think we'd lack a bit of creativity with him and Bally in the middle. Reid is also left footed and I think I'd prefer his 'wand' to Schwarz's endeavour. 5-4



The vote for our 'Strikers Legends' was a foregone conclusion. So is this. Jones is quality, but he has a long, long way to go to ever be in Quinn's bracket. 6-4



As above. Phillips versus Chopra/Murphy is another walkover. Sunderland Legends XI 7-4 Sunderland Current XI

So a solid win for the legends! Would anyone disagree?

No comments: